Terms & Conditions:
By entering this contest, the entrant indicates that they have read and agree to these terms and conditions set forth by Sweet Lemon Press, LLC and Ellie Alexander.
- Sweet Lemon Press, LLC is the promoter of this writing contest and the publisher of publications in which winning entries might appear. Author reserves all rights to their work for Sweet Lemon Press, LLC and Ellie Alexander to share on her livestreams and publish on www.elliealexander.co
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- There are no geographical restrictions; submissions may be submitted from anywhere. However, this competition and any prizes awarded are void in countries, states, or other jurisdictions where such contests are prohibited by law.
- Each submission must be the entrant's own and wholly original work, written in English, and be a comprehensive, standalone short story of 2,000 words.
- In order to be eligible for prizes – i.e., to qualify, submissions must be complete, clearly written, and as free as possible from spelling and grammatical errors. Submissions that fail to meet these criteria will be rejected.
- The following are examples of other reasons Sweet Lemon Press, LLC might reject or disqualify a submission, although this list is not exhaustive, and submissions may be rejected for other reasons: the submission does not comply with terms and conditions, the contest guidelines, or rules; the submission or information submitted with a submission are found to contain false or unoriginal information; entrant is not eligible to enter the competition; the entrant cannot be contacted.
- Writers may submit multiple submissions but must send a completed unique entry via email for each submission.
- Each entrant must provide a cover page with a first and last name, phone number, mailing address, and email address with the submission.
- Awards of $150 (USD, Visa gift card), a Storyventure candle pack, and writer stickers will be issued to the winner of each category.
- The deadline for submission is Sunday, October 23, 2022, at 11:59 pm PST.
- Winners will be announced, and their stories read live online, on Tuesday, November 15, 2022.
- Entrants of Submissions selected for prizes will be contacted at the email address provided and given a time frame to respond to the offer of cash prizes and a publishing contract. Entrants who do not respond in the required time frame will forfeit the prize.
- Previously published works may not be submitted. Entries must never have been previously published, in print or online (including self-published, ebook, magazines, journals, audio, websites, blogs, social network sites), or won a prize in another writing competition. Any submission found to have been plagiarized will be disqualified.
- Sweet Lemon Press, LLC is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, online systems, servers and providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email submission to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading and downloading of any materials related to the contest.
- By entering the contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sweet Lemons Press, LLC and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in the contest or any contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded.
- Winners will be decided by Ellie Alexander or a panel of readers and will be notified by email at the address provided in the submission. Sweet Lemon Press, LLC has no obligation to inform entrants who are not selected for prizes.
- Sweet Lemon Press, LLC reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions as may be deemed necessary or cancel the competition if deemed necessary.